Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&view_op=list_works&authuser=3&gmla=AJsN-F5oF-MxzhxwJc3bTPRmcWHNhitZNSJkTbkmCYN51oCL_YUIsEmbVxwpO8fP6Oh8WbCKpdhDcS-L7bm1X6_KZ7X2d-19YQ&user=eteGRhcAAAAJ
- Kerich R and Mabonga E.(2018) Adaptation Mechanisms and Soping Strategies to The Effects of Climate Variability on Maize yield and its Implication on Nursing and Health Care. Focus: Matungulu west, Machakos, Kenya. Archives of Nursing and Health Care Research.: ANHCR-107
- Mithamo Mw., Kerich R.K and Kimemia J.K , (2017), Impact of Intercropping Coffee with fruit trees on soil nutrients and Coffee yields, International Journal of Ecology and Viticulture Volume 4 (7) P.P 222 – 227
- Mabonga E.S., Manguriu D.G, Kerich R.K and Nakokonya G.M (2017) Adaptation Mechanisms and coping strategies to the effect of climate variability on maize yield with focus on Matungulu West, Machakos County, Kenya, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research Vol. 3 Issue 7PP 721 – 727
Mwangi, A.M, Kerich R, Aloo T .C.,2017 Fish Traders’ Demographic Factors and their effect on the Environemntal Situation of the Fish Market: International Journal of Environmental Sciences.
- Mwangi A. M, Kerich R, Aloo T .C.,,2016 : Trader’s Fish Handling Practices, Perceptions on Environmental Management and Level of Awareness on Government’s Sanitation Guidelines in Gikomba Market, Nairobi: American Journal of Environmental Studies.
- Koskey N.C, Koske J.K.A and Kerich R.K A (2014), Assesing Women Domestic Chores and Vulnerability to Climate Variability in Chepseon Sub county, Nakuru County, Kenya, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol 4, Nov 7, 2014.
- Mithinji M., 2007 and Kerich R.K Indeginous Environmental Knowledge for Sustainable Development UNESCO, NAIROBI, KENYA
- Kerich R. K , 2002, Cooperation in the Nile Water Resource Management as an antidote to potential trans boundary conflicts in East and North African countries: Challenges and opportunities, UNESCO, NAIROBI, KENYA
- Kerich R.K., 1996, Sustainable Exploitation of natural resources in East Africa.Published by: Soil Science Society of East Africa.
- Ndaruga A.M and Kerich R.K,2007,Environmental philosophy, Education and sustainable Development Waswa F., Otor S., Olukoye G. and Mugendi D, (Eds) “Environment and Sustainable Development": A guide for Higher Education in Kenya Vol 2, School of Environmental Studies Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- Kerich R. K. et al 2007 Mainstreaming Environment and sustainability in public perception; challenges for Tertiary Education Waswa F., Otor S., Olukoye G. and Mugendi D, (Eds) "Environment and Sustainable Development": A guide for Higher Education in Kenya Vol 2, School of Environmental Studies Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
Refereed Learning Modules
- Kerich R.K, Statistics for Environmental Health, Published by Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University
- Kerich et al, Mainstreaming Environment and Sustainability in to University Programmes in Africa.
- Kerich R.K. et al (1995) Guidelines for development of environment, population and Development. (EPD) in Africa South of Sahara UNESCO, DAKAR.
Reviewed Conference Paper
- Kerich R.K, 1996 , “Sustainable exploitation of natural resources in East Africa” – presented in 1996 at Sports Arm’s Hotel Nanyuki in soil science conference.
- Kerich R.K, 2003,Relevance of Environment Health Curriculum in East Africa. Presented at Kenyatta University, at UNICEF’s International Seminar
- Kerich R. K , 2002, Cooperation in the Nile Water Resource management as an antidote to potential trans boundary conflicts in East and North Africa countries: Challenges and opportunities. Presented in Deift – Netherlands on 20th November, 2002
Conferences and Seminars/Workshops Attended
- 2019: 1st Education for Sustainable Development Conference held on 21st – 23rd Feb, 2019 at Hospital Hill Primary School
- 2019: Attended and Participated in Biothics Training Workshop offered by CBEC-KEMRI Biothics Initiative held on Feb 20th – 22nd, 2019 at Kenyatta University KUCC
- 2018: Environmental Educators and Trainers Meeting / Conference Representing Kenyatta University held on 17th July, 2018, at Boma Hotel – Nairobi.
- 2018: Attended the 26th World Nursing Care Conference held on 21st – 23rd May, 2018 at Osaka Japan.
- 2010: “Water Conflict Management Conference” held in Villa la Colombella, Perugia, Italy between 20th and 24th Sept, 2010.
- 2010: “Climate Change, Water Resources and Coastal Zones Management in Africa” held in Cotonou – Benin between 13th and 18th February, 2010 at Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2006: Nile Basin Environmental Education Lecturer’s regional Training Workshop held on 10th –13th may 2006 at Nairobi Kenya.
- 2006: UNEP,SADC, REEP, Educate the educators ESD Innovation Training course for University leaders on Mainstreaming Environment and sustainability into University Programmes, held on 3rd – 13th may 2006 at Nairobi. Kenya.
- 2006: International conferences on “Water, security and Hydrological Extremes: Towards sustainable development in Africa”, held on 27th Feb. – 2nd March 2006 at Abuja – Nigeria
- 2005: UNEP, SADC, AAU consultative meeting on mainstreaming of Environmental and sustainability into university programmes held on 23rd – 25th Nov. 2005 at Howick – South Africa.
- 2005: UNESCO regional workshop on Kenya National Commission to the UNESCO held in Sun and Sand Hotel Mombasa. April 2005
- 2004: National Workshop on Development of Action Plan for the implementation of 1972. Convention of World heritage Jan 21st 2004 at Six eighty Hotel Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2003: Kenya Uganda Stakeholders consultation meeting on proposed Mt. Elgon Transboundary biosphere reserve, 11th – 13th November, 2003 Sirikwo Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2003: UNESCO’s 32nd General Conference – 1st October – 14th October 2003 Paris, France.
- 2003: Cleaner production, sustainable consumption and multilateral Agreement Training Workshop – Milimani Hotel, Nairobi, 4th – 5th June 2003.
- 2002: National Chemical Profile’s and persistent Organic Pollutants’ inventory seminars 26th – 28th November 2002 at Utalii Hotel, Nairobi (Chaired a session)
- 2002: “From conflicts to Co-operation in International Water Resources Management” Workshop held at Delft. – The Netherlands on 19th – 22nd November 2002.
- 2002: Stockholm Convention of Persistent Organic Pollutants stakeholders’ workshop by MEHR, 26th – 27th June 2002 at Lake Baringo lodge.
- 1997: Kenya’s Delegation of the 19th Session of the Governing Council of UNEP 27th January – 7th February 1997 UNEPH/Q. Girigiri, Nairobi.
- 1997: National Environmental management 28th – 29th January 1997. K.C.C.T., Mbagathi, Nairobi.
- 1996: Institutional Framework Study for Environmental management Seminar 16th September 1996. K.C.B Training College, Karen, Nairobi.
- 1996: Soil Science Society of East Africa, conference on sustainable development 19-23 August 1996. Nanyuki, Kenya.
- 1996: East Africa Environmental Network Annual Conference on sustainable development and social concerns in Eastern Africa. National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi 24-25 may, 1996.
- 1995: Organization of Social Sciences research in East Africa Seminars 7-8 August 1995. KESI, Nairobi.
- 1995: UNEP’s Environmental Management seminars 6-24 November 1995.
- UNEP. H/Q, Girigiri, Nairobi.
- 1995: UNESCO regional Workshop on Environment, Population and Development may 22-26, 1995. Dakar, Senegal
- 1994: Environmental Impact Assessment Training Course 21st – 28th June 1994. Harare, Zimbabwe.
- 1994: WHO’s Environmental Impact Assessment Seminar 13th – 28th August 1990. Aberdeen, Scotland, U.K.
- 1990: World Bank Workshop on land Management and local participation 21st –27th June 1990. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1990: Kenya Forestry Master Plan 17th January 1990, Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi.
Professional / Consultancy
Networking / Collaboration
- Attended East African Environmental Network Conference (EAENC) held at the National Museum of Kenya between 24th – 25th May2016
- Invited to participate in UNEP – SADC Regional Environmental Education Programme Workshop focusing on inclusion of environment and sustainability in University courses and campus management in Africa – Held in Howick South Africa from 23rd to 25th Nov. 2005
- Attended a panel discussion for southern Networks for Environment and Development in Africa for SOMED/CERE youth environment Movements , December 1 – 3, 1998
Editorial Boards / Referee for Professional Periodical
- Appointed Editorial Board Member of the “The Pied Crow”- an Environmental periodical.
- Appointed into Editorial Board of Bureau of Educational Research Center of Kenyatta University.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2019 14:01