Areas of interest in research and development
University level training in environmental and wildlife conservation and management, Research in wetlands and stream ecology, Research in buffering capacity of natural wetlands against pollution, Research in wetland vegetation as a grazing resource in semi-arid lands, Research in constructed wetlands for waste water treatment in built environment, Research in bird conservation and monitoring international trade in birds.
- Gichuki, C.M., Gichuki, N.N. & Kairu, E.W. 2000. Population biology and breeding ecology of the African Snipe (Gallinago nigripennis) in central Kenya. In: Kalchreuter H. (ed.). Proceedings of Fifth European Woodcock and Snipe Workshop, Pp. 45-50. Wetlands International Global Series, No. 4, International Wader Studies 11, Wageningen, The Netherlands, vi + 85pp.
- Gichuki, C.M., Kairu, E.W., and Okelo, O.O 2001. Breeding Behaviour of the African Snipe Gallinago nigripennis in central Kenya. Journal of African Ornithology (Ostrich 15)116-118.
- Gichuki, C.M and Gichuki, N.N. 2000. Comparative ecology and morphology of snipes (family Scolopacidae) in Africa. 4th International Symposium on Isolated Vertebrate Communities in the Tropics. Bonn, Germany. Bonn Zoological Monograph 46, 2000.
- Gichuki, C.M, Gichuki, N.N. 2000. The breeding strategies of a tropical snipe (family scolopacidae) in the highlands of central Kenya. Proceedings XX111 International Ornithological Congress Beijing China August 2002.
- Gichuki, C.M. 2003. Jewel of the Marsh. In: Peta M. (eds)Kenya Past and Present Pp 33-36 Issue No. 34. Published by Kenya Museum Society. Nairobi.
- Muzymi, Z., Gichuki N.N. and Gichuki C.M. 2007. A case study of African Crane Trade. In Kerryn, M. (ed.) African Cranes, Communities and Wetlands Newsletter Vol. 2.
- Gichuki, C.M. 2009. Influence of Human Activities on African Snipe (Gallinago nigripennis ) in Kenya. In Ferrand, Y. (ed) Sixth International Woodcock and Snipe Conference held in Nantes, France.
- Gichuki, C.M. and Gichuki N.N. (2010). Dynamics of tropical inland delta wetlands: A case study of Ewaso Ngiro Swamp in Southern Kenya. Journal of Science and Innovations, 2: 15-19.
- Rosemary Kimani , Mwangi D.M and Gichuki, C.M. 2011. The role of constructed wetlands for waste water treatment. Journal of Waste Management, 10: 16-19.
- Janet O. Achieng, Cecilia M. Gichuki and Caleb – Mireri (in progress, 2014). Construction of water pans as a strategyfor enhancing water supply and improving livelihoods at Isinya in Kajiado County, Kenya.
- Nuru M. Tzuma and Cecilia M. Gichuki (2012). Indigenous knowledge of birds among the Mijikenda community of the Kenya coast. Proceedings of the Pan-African Ornithological Congress, Arusha Tanzania. 30. Chege J.M., Gichuki, CM. and Kerich, R. (2012). Habitat Utilization by Hinde’s Babbler (Tudoides hindei) in Mukurwe-ini Important Bird Area, in Central Kenya. Proceedings of the Pan-African Ornithological Congress, Arusha Tanzania.
Confrences and Seminars
- 2014: National Planning workshop for Animal Welfare Programme in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2014: Animal welfare education curriculum Review Workshop, Pan Afric Hotel, Nairobi, June, 2014.
- 2013: National conference on climate change and biodiversity in Kenya. National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi. July 5-8, 2013.
- 2013: National animal welfare education and training conference, University Nairobi, Kenya. World Society for Protection animals, Africa Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2012: Pan African Ornithological Congress, May 11-18 Arusha Tanzania.
- 2011: Mid-west fish and wildlife Conference, Minnesota, USA. December 16 -19
- 2001: 23rd North American Ornithological Conference held in New Orleans Louisiana, USA.