Department: ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
Area of Specialization:
- Service and infrastructure planning and provision
- Environmental Policy
-Waste management and quality of life
-Gender dynamics and resource management
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9068-5714
- Wekisa E. and Majale C. (2020). Spatial Distribution of Waste Collection Points and Their Implications on Quality of Life in Mombasa County, Kenya. Journal of Urban Management- Volume 9, Issue 2 ,Pp 250-260. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jum.2020.02.003
- Majale C. Kitonga J. and Mugenya K. (2016). Waste Management Value Chain Mapping and Analysis in Low Income Neighborhoods- Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management Vol. 42 No.4, pp278-286
- Majale C. and Mireri, C. (2014). Cooperation among Small Urban Centres in the Lake Victoria basin as a Necessary Strategy for Managing Solid Waste: The Case of Kisii, Homa bay and Migori municipalities. International Journal of Environment and Waste Management Vol. 13, No.4, pp412-428.
Books and Books Chapters
- Mireri, C., Letema, S. and Majale, C. (2007).“Principles and Practices of Environmental Auditing in Kenya”in Environment & Sustainable Development: A guide for Higher Education in Kenya, Vol II, 2007. Eds. – Waswa, F., Otor, S., Olukoye, D., and Mugendi D., pp 296 - 314. Downtown Printing Works: Nairobi. ISBN 9966-776-34-6.
- Majale C. (2011). Modernising Solid Waste Management at Municipal Level: Institutional Arrangements in Urban Centres of East Africa. The Netherlands: Wageningen Academic Publishers-open access
- Majale, C. L. (2013). Policy Arrangement for Waste Management in East Africa’s Urban centres in : Environmental Change and Sustainability,Eds. Silvern, S. and Young, S. InTech - open science | open minds. ISBN 978-953-51-1094-1 ( http://www.intechopen.com/books/environmental-change-and-sustainability/policy-arrangement-for-waste-management-in-east-africa-s-urban-centres)
- Majale, C., Oosterveer, P. and Mireri, C. (2014). Urban Waste and Sanitation Services for Sustainable Development: Harnessing Social and Technical Diversity in East Africa.Eds. Van Vliet, B. Van Buren, J. and Mgana, S. 2014. Routledge Studies in Sustainable Development. ISBN 978-0-415-83377-6
- Majale C.L., Mireri C. and Oosterveer P. (2010). Assessing Governance Arrangement for Solid Waste Management Amongst State Institutions in East Africa. Case Studies of Kisumu, Jinja and Mwanza. The Journal Of Solid Waste Technology and Management Pgs. 761-770. Conference paper Presented at The 25th International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management.
- Majale C.L., Mireri C. and Spaargaren G. (2010). Regional Approach to Service Provision: Solid Waste Management Amongst Small Urban Centres in the Lake Victoria Basin. The Journal Of Solid Waste Technology and Management Pgs. 927-936. Conference paper presented at the 25th International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management.
- Majale C. and Kitonga, J. (2015). Waste Management Value Chain Mapping and Analysis in Nairobi’s Low Income Neighborhoods in: A Glance at the World. Waste Management 43 (2015) I-IV.
- Attended Workshop on PROVIDE for Impact Launch of Urban Waste and Sanitation Network on 18th- 19th September 2014 at Arusha- Tanzania
- Attended Workshop on ‘Towards Harnessing Waste and Developing a Sustainable Waste Management in Urban Kenya’- 27th to 30th November 2014 in Naivasha Kenya
- Attended Scientific Workshop on Impact Evaluation research in safari Park, Nairobi on 5th- 8th May 2015
- Attended Workshop on Developing Integrated Masters Curriculum for Resource efficient Cities (IMAREC) in Cologne German- December 2015-funded by DAAD
- Attended Workshop on Developing Integrated Masters Curriculum for Resource efficient Cities (IMAREC) in Cairo Egypt- 28th February- 3rd March 2016 funded by DAAD
- Attended Workshop by CIRCLE on Proposal Writing on 15th to 16th February 2016 in Nairobi- Kenya
- Attended SUSARA workshop at KUCC- Kenyatta University on 6th July 2018
- Attended Workshop on learning by Co-Design-Teaching is Research 3rd to 25th 2019 in Cologne Germany funded by DAAD.
- Attended workshop on Design Thinking -Collaboration Between Kenyatta University and Mount Kenya University in 2019
Last Updated on Thursday, 02 July 2020 11:04