Name: Ezekiel Ndunda
Environmental and natural resource economics; natural resource accounting and its applications to policy analysis; application of economic instruments to environmental and natural resources management; the economics of protected areas; the economics of tourism and recreation management; natural resource planning and management; and environmental health economics.
a.Articles in Conference Proceedings
Kamande, P., Ndunda, E. and Kabuyah, R.N. (2018). Irrigation Water on the Soil-to-Crop-Transfer Factor in Leafy Vegetables Grown along Peri-Urban Areas of Kiambu County, Kenya. The 1st Annual International Conference in Machakos University, 17th – 19th April 2018.
- Chumo, E.C., Maritim, H.K., Serem, A.K., and Ndunda, E. (2007). An Assessment of Cocoyam (colosia esculenta and xanthosoma sagittifolium) Contribution to Food Security in the Lake Victoria Region, Kenya. Moi University 3rd Annual International Conference, 31st July - 4th August 2007.
- Kipsat, M.J., Maritim, H.K., Ndunda, E., Korir, M.K., Serem, A.K., Nyangweso, P.M., and Mduma, J.K. (2006). Role of Women in Agricultural Development. Moi University 2rd Annual International Conference, 29th August – 2nd September 2006.
- Makundi, H.K., Muasya, R.M., Serem, A.K., Gohole, L.S., Ochwo-Ssemakula, M., Nyangweso, P.M., Ndetu, V.N., and Ndunda, E.N. (2007). Socio-Economic Constraints to Spiderplant (cleome gynandra, L.) Leaf and Seed Production by Farmers in Western Kenya and Eastern Uganda. A Paper Presented at the RUFORUM Biennial Conference 23rd April – 27th April 2007, Mangochi, Malawi.
- Ndunda, E., Chumo, E.C., Mutai, H., and Tulla, R.A. (2007). An Assessment of the Factors Affecting Smallholder Dairy Farmers of Endebess Division, Trans Nzoia District, Kenya. Moi University 3rd Annual International Conference, 31st July - 4th August 2007.
- Ndunda, E., Kipsat, M.J., and Maritim, H.K. (2006). An Assessment of Constraints to Adoption of Horticultural Production Technologies in Uasin Gishu District, Kenya. Moi University 2rd Annual International Conference, 29th August – 2nd September 2006.
- Ndunda, E., Kipsat, M.J., and Maritim, H.K. (2006). Challenges to Maintaining Improved Horticultural Production Technologies: A Case Study of Smallholder Adopter Farmers in Uasin Gishu District, Kenya. Moi University 2rd Annual International Conference, 29th August – 2nd September 2006.
- Ndunda, E., Muasya, R.M., Serem, A., Chumo, E.C., and Kipsat, M.J. (2007). Socio-Economic Constraints to Adoption of Improved Horticultural Production Technologies by Smallholder Farmers in Uasin Gishu District, Kenya. The 2nd Research Week and International Conference in Egerton University, 16th July - 20th July 2007.
Ndunda, E.N., Muasya, R.M, and Mulinge, R. (2009). Inter- Relationship between Market Structure, Conduct and Performance of Cut Flowers: A Case Study of Uasin District, Kenya. International Journal of Sustainable Development, 1(1):57-64.
Obiri, J., Fehr, C. and Ndunda, E. (2008). A Total Economic Valuation for the Mt. Elgon Ecosystem of Kenya and Uganda. Nature and Development Africa: IUCN MERECP, Kampala, Uganda. EARO/76554-000/1158.
Ndunda, E., Gacii, S.M., Mugo, T., Ipara, H. & Odunga, P. 2010. The effects of service quality and visitor satisfaction on loyalty of park recreation facilities: a case of Uhuru Park in Kenya. International Journal of Sustainable Development, 3(7):50-60.
Muia, V.K. and Ndunda, E. 2013. Evaluating the impact of direct anthropogenic activities on land degradation in arid and semi-arid regions in Kenya. Journal of Agricultural Research, 2(6):173-182.
Ndunda, E.N. and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2013). Determinants of farmers’ choice of innovative risk-reduction interventions to wastewater-irrigated agriculture. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 8(1):119-128.
Ndunda, E.N. and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2013). Farmers’ Perception and Knowledge of Health Risks in Wastewater Irrigation. Natural Resources and Conservation, dx.doi.org/10.7392/Research.70081917
Ndunda, E.N. and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2013). Evaluating the welfare effects of improved wastewater treatment using a discrete choice experiment. Journal of Environmental Management, 123:49-57.Page 8 of 15
Manohar, S., Mang’oka, J.M., Ndunda, E. and Gathuru, G. (2017). Assessment of Yatta Canal Water Quality for Irrigation, Machakos County, Kenya. J. Environ Anal Toxicol 7: 423. doi: 10.4172/2161-0525.1000423.
Kamande, P., Ndunda, E. and Kabuyah, R.N. (2017). Assessing the effect of irrigation water quality on physiological characteristics of African Nightshade (Solanum Scabrum Mill). Journal of Agriculture and Research, 3(7):1-14.
Kamande, P., Kabuyah, R.N., and Ndunda, E. (2017). Heavy metal accumulation in the edible leafy parts of African Nightshade (Solanum Scabrum Mill) irrigated with varying water quality. Journal of Agriculture and Research, 3(8):1-15.
Nyanchoka V.M., Tanui, J., Ndunda E. and Mowo J. (2018). Economic Valuation of Forest Products: Evidence from Mount Elgon Park, Kapchorwa, Uganda. International Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, 6(1):1-10.
Ndunda, E.N. and Muia, V.K. (2018). Estimating the willingness to pay for improved municipal solid waste management in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Environmental Science, 3:8-16.
c.Books and Book Chapters
Ndunda, E.N. and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2014). Innovative RiskReduction Measures and Urban Welfare in Wastewater-Irrigated
Agriculture: An endogenous Switching Regression Approach for Nairobi, Kenya. In: (ed. P. Chanie) Innovative Water Resource Use and Management for Poverty Reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa: An anthology. Organisation for social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA). ISBN: 9789994455751
Ndunda, E.N. and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2015). Wastewater reuse in urban and peri-urban irrigation: An Econometric Analysis. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-71692-8 Website: https://www.lap-publishing.com/
- Ndunda, E.N and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (Forthcoming). Analysing the value of institutional and technological innovations in urban and peri-urban wastewater irrigation in Nairobi, Kenya. In: OSSREA (ed.) OSSREA’s Response to Africa’s Challenges of Change.
- Muriuki, J., Majale, C., Muriithi, J.K., Latema, S., Mang’uriu, D.G., Obade, P., Ndunda, E. and Kimondo, D. 2013. Environmental policy: Kenyatta University. Nairobi: Kenyatta University Press. Ndunda, E.N and Eric D. Mungatana, E.D. (2013). Sustainable reuse of wastewater for urban and peri-urban irrigation in developing countries. Policy Brief. www.publications. ossrea.net.
Other Academic Contributions
- Environmental Economist in consultancy services for undertaking a “Total Economic Valuation for the Mt. Elgon Ecosystem (Kenya-Uganda)”: IUCN/MERECP PROGRAMME, 2007-2008.
- Environmental Economist in a study on “The Challenges, Opportunities and the Way Forward for Food Production in Western Kenya”: MU-VLIR-OUS PROGRAMME, 2006-2008
- Environmental Economist in a study on “Analyzing the Value of Institutional and Technological Innovations in Urban and Peri-Urban Wastewater Irrigation in Nairobi, Kenya.” OSSREA PROGRAMME, 2011-2013.
- Moi University Annual International Conference, Moi University, Eldoret 31st July – 4th August, 2007.
- Egerton University Annual International Conference, Egerton University, Njoro 16th July – 20th July, 2007.
- Moi University Annual International Conference, Moi University, Eldoret 29th August – 2nd September, 2006. CEEPA’s Seventh Biannual Research workshop under the Environmental Economic Capacity Building Programme, 11th - 15th May 2009 at the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa.
- CEEPA’S Eleventh Biannual Research Workshop under the Environmental Economics Capacity Building Programme, 10th – 14th May 2011, Roodevallei Country Lodge, Pretoria, South Africa
- Training Workshop on “Innovative Water Resources Use and Management for Poverty Alleviation in sub-Saharan Africa”, 28th – 30th November 2011 at Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- CEEPA’s fourteenth training workshop under the Environmental Economic Capacity Building Programme, 7th – 9th February 2013 at the Crowne Plaza Rosebank Hotel in Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Dissemination Workshop on “OSSREA’s Response to Africa’s Challenges of Change”, 9th – 10th December 2013 at Dessalegn Hotel in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics and Sociology.
- Herald Journal of Geography and Regional Planning.
- Applied Water Science Journal.
- African Journal of Microbiology Research.
- American Journal of Experimental Agriculture.
- Annual Review and Research in Biology.
- Urban Environmental Pollution Journal.
- Journal of Scientific Research and Reports.
- Hydrology Journal.
- Sky Journal of Agricultural Research.
- Journal of Agricultural Research.
Last Updated on Friday, 22 June 2018 07:36