Name: Samuel C. J. Otor.
Department: Environmental Sciences.
Contact Address: School of Environmental Studies, Kenyatta University. P. O. Box 34844 –
00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Mobile Phone: +254-725634258.
Position: Senior Lecturer.
Area of Specialization: Statistics/Demography.
Download Full CV
- Mathematical model building and simulation of human fertility behaviour in thebiosocial context.
- Research on the design and measurement of adolescent sexual behaviour –basis for
- anticipatory rather than remedial policy making.
- Environmental impacts of human population dynamics / Demographic impactassessment (DIA).
- Impacts of environmental and occupational exposures on human reproduction.
- Gender inequality and reproductive health.
- Communicating population, health and environmental research to policy makers.
- Attrition and survival analysis of human reproductive phenomena.
- Otor, Samuel C. J. 1994 Primary and Secondary Sterility in Pathologically, and Infertility- Afflicted Populations: Relationship Re-examined., Biosocial Aspects of Human Fertility – Models and Applications. Pp. 115-132., ISBN: 81- 7018-802-4
- Otor, Samuel C. J. and Arvind Pandey, 1998, Puberty and the Family Formation Process in Sudan: Age-amenarche Differential Fecundity Hypothesis Revisited., Journal of SocialmBiology. 45(3-4): 246-259. ISSN: 0037- 766X
- Otor, Samuel C. J. and Arvind Pandey, 1999, Adolescent Transition to Coitus and Pre-marital Childbearing in Sudan: A Biosocial Context., Journal of Biosocial Science. 31(3): 361-374.
- Otor, Samuel C. J. and Arvind Pandey., 2001 Child Spacing in Sudan: An Indirect Estimation from the 1993 Census Data., Dynamics of Population Change: Emerging Issues of the 21st Century. Pp. 47-
52., ISBN: 81- 7541-079-5
Affiliation to Professional Bodies
- Member of the African Statistical Association (AFSA).
- Member of the Indian Society of Probability and Statistics (ISPS).
- Member of the Indian Society of Medical Statistics (ISMS).
- Member of the International Biometrics Society (IBS).
- Member of the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population(IUSSP).
- Member of the International Environmetrics Society (TIES).
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 04:31