Title/Qualifications:PhD Kiel University, Germany, Msc(Sustainable Resource Management), B. Environment Studies and Community Development
Department/Unit/Section:Environmental Studies & Community Development
Contact Address P. O. Box 43844, 00100 GPO Nairobi
Current Position: Assistant Lecturer
Download Full CV
1 Human-Environmental Systems,
2. Environmental Economics & Valuation.
3 Ecosystem Monitoring & Management
4 Ecological-Human Wellbeing
Books & reviewed papers
- Wangai, P. W., Burkhard, B., Kruse, M., Müller, F. (2017). Contributing to the cultural ecosystem services and human wellbeing: a study application on indicators and linkages. Landscape Online 50, 1-27. DOI: http://www.landscapeonline.de/103097lo201750
- Wangai, P. W., Burkhard, B., Mueller, F. (2016). A review of studies of ecosystem service assessments in Africa. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment 5(2), 225-245. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsbe.2016.08.005
- Müller, F., B. Burkhard, Y. Hou, M. Kruse, L. Ma & P. Wangai (2016): Indicators of Ecosystem Services. In: Potschin, M, R. Haines-Young, R. Fish & R.K. Turner (Eds.): Routledge Handbook of Ecosystem Services. Routledge, London: 157-170.
- Wangai, P., Muriithi, K. & Koenig, A. (2013). Drought related impacts on local people’s socioeconomic life and biodiversity conservation at Kuku Group Ranch, Southern Kenya. International Journal of Ecosystem 3(1): 1-6 DOI: 10.5923/j.ije.20130301.01.
- Wangai, P. W., Burkhard, B., Kruse, M., Müller, F. (submitted). Quantifying and Mapping Land Use Changes and regulating Ecosystem Services in a data-scarce area in Kenya. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services and Management x (xx), xx-xx. Journal Ref. TBSM-2017-0027.
- Wangai, P., Burkhard, B., Mueller, F. The connection between the intangible benefits of natural landscapes, human wellbeing and policy recommendations. Ecosystem Services Partnership Conference, Nairobi, 21- 25 November 2016.
- Wangai, P., Burkhard, B., Mueller, F. Current status of ecosystem services research and its applications in the management of natural resources in Africa. Ecosystem Services Partnership Conference, Nairobi, 21- 25 November 2016.
- Wangai, P., Burkhard, B., Mueller, F. Spatio-temporal mapping of land use capacity to supply regulating ecosystem services in peri-urban ecosystems: A case of Karura catchment, Nairobi. Ecosystem Services Partnership Conference, South Africa, 9-13 November 2015.
- Wangai, P. Community Conservancy model in wildlife conservation at Kuku Group Ranch, Kenya. Paper presentation at the first International Conference at Karatina University College, 25 -28 July 2012.
- Actors in Sustainable Development Goals (Bonn Germany, March 2017)
- Terrorism and religious radicalization (Lingen Germany, June 2016).
- I and we-,we and others: Identity in the globalized world (Bonn Germany, April 2016)
- Ecosystem Services Partnership Conference (Stellenbosch South Africa, November 2015).
- Summer School for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (Peyresq France, September 2015)
- The role of professional in bringing change-“How can change be achieved?”(Tamale Ghana, August 2015)
- KAAD Water Group workshop (Karlsruhe University Germany, May 2015)
- International Workshop on coastal ecosystem service and Land-Sea interface(Kiel Germany, March 2015)
- KAAD Education Commission (Germany, May 2014)
- KAAD Annual Academic Day (Germany, April 2014)
- Role of Professionals in national development (Uganda, August 2012)
- Remote sensing for natural resource management (Italy, May 2009)
Membership to Professional Bodies
- EIA Experts Reg. No. 2784, NEMA, Kenya)
- DAAD/ KAAD Alumni Association
- The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
- KAAD Association of Scholars in East Africa (KASEA)
Sample Previous Administrative Positions::
- Coordinator, School of Environmental Studies (Mombasa Campus)