Name: Mr. Isaac A.C. Kirui
Department/Unit/Section: Environmental Planning and Management
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100 Nairobi
Tel.: 254-20-8710901/9 Ext 57221
Position: Tutorial Fellow
View Full CV
- 2012: “Threats facing biodiversity conservation in Kakamega Forest and Investment opportunities for sustainable livelihoods of the forest adjacent communities”-A paper presented at the International Conference for Youth in Africa at the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences of the University of Nairobi on 9th -10th March 2012 (published)
- 2011: “Biogas as an alternative source of energy for rural development in Kenya, case study of Kisii Central District, Kisii County”, a paper presented at the 3rd Biennial Scientific Conference held on 7th -9th November 2011 at the National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi (Published)
- 2007: Chapter 11: “Managing disaster risks in Kenya” in Fuchaka, W. et al (eds) 2007). Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide to Tertiary Education in Kenya Vol. 11, School of Environmental Studies, Kenyatta University: Nairobi (published).
- 2003: “Capacity Building of Local Authorities for Rural Poverty Reduction: The Case of the County Council of Kipsigis, Kenya” School of Environmental Studies Post graduate M.EPM thesis (Unpublished)
Conferences and Workshops
- 2009: Participant, workshop on finalization of the draft disaster management policy at the Silver Springs Hotel sponsored by Oxfam GB and the Ministry of State for Special Programmes held on 3rd February 2009.
- 2008: Participant, training on ISO 14000 on Environmental Management Systems sponsored by Kenyatta University Quality Assurance and Management held at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre (KUCC) 30th June and 1st July 2008.
- 2008: Participant, training on proposal writing sponsored by Kenyatta University Community Outreach and Extension Programme (KUCOEP) held at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre (KUCC) 8th and 9th April 2008
- 2006: Participant, training on proposal writing by the Institute for Research and Development of Kenyatta University held at Utalii Hotel on 17th and 18th July 2006
- 2005: Participant, the 23rd Session of the Global Ministerial Conference of The UNEP Governing Council, held at the United Nations Complex, Gigiri Nairobi, Feb. 21- 25, 2005.
- Member, International Association of Environmental Assessment (IAIA).
- Member, East African Association of Impact Assessment (EAAIA)
- Member, Kenya Institute of Environmental Experts (KIEE).
- National EIA/ EA Expert No.400 ( Registered and Licensed by the National Environment Management Authority-NEMA)
- Member, National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction hosted by the Ministry of State for Special Programmes (Office of the President-Kenya)
- Member, Association of African Planning Schools (AAPS)
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 04:05